Often while working with the printer, HP users come across HP scanner communication cannot be established error. It mostly happens due to internet connectivity issues. If your router has DHCP, it gives a new IP address when you turn on your printer. It finally leads to a communication error because the computer looks at its memory data cache but communicate with the printer on a different IP address.
Read this article to know the strategies that you can apply to resolve the issue. Still, if you have any doubts in your mind, our customer support is here to assist you.
Why HP Scanner Communication Cannot Be Established?
- This problem can occur if your printer has outdated firmware.
- If your printer is not compatible with your Windows version, the scanner stops working.
- The Firewall settings on your computer can interfere with the printer’s scanner and disconnect the communication.
- Some antivirus software may create complexities for printer’s scanners. Even a virus or malware which has affected your PC can cause this issue.
- Problems in the computer’s hard drive or a driver issue are some apparent causes. Therefore, the scanning driver cannot interact with the printer.
When you unknowingly install a malicious program on your PC, it creates obstructions for the scanner as well as your computer. The proxy server is another source of such problems. The HP scanner communication can fail due to a defective USB port or USB cable. Damaged ethernet ports or a damaged ethernet cable creates the same issue. You face this inconvenience if you have not plugged in the scanner or the computer is unable to recognize the scanner.
How Can You Establish HP Scanner Communication?
Have a glance at the top seven solutions below. You may try them out to fix the issue on your own.
- Check the status of the internet connection and make sure that there is no problem with the proxy server. Upgrade the printer’s firmware to the latest version and use system restore to take back the work system to the previous state.
- Ensure that your printer is compatible with your Windows. If not, install a different version of Windows.
- Reset the Firewall settings and temporarily uninstall the antivirus from your PC. Make a full malware scan of your PC and remove the malicious programs by an antimalware or antivirus.
- If you can identify any glitches in the computer’s hard drive or the scanning driver, let our experts take care of the matter.
- Delete the malicious applications from your PC. Connect the scanner to another USB port and replace the defective USB cable.
- Plug in the scanner properly to the printer and find out whether your computer can recognize the printer.
- Open ‘Devices and Printers’ on your PC and find out ‘HP printer’ to remove it from the list. You will get it under the Drivers tab. Now, uninstall it. Download and install a suitable driver or allow Windows to do the task automatically.
Connect With HP Customer Support Just Dial +1-888-877-0901
Our customer support is 24*7 open for HP users to provide support for HP devices. You can get in touch with us to fix HP scanner communication cannot be established bugs. Our software specialists are continuously developing innovative solutions for a variety of HP related issue. Therefore, use any one of the communication channels below to avail of our service. You can dial our HP Customer Support Number +1-888-877-0901 and also send us an email at email@example.com regarding your queries. You can also use our live chat option to discuss your problem with our experts.